Sunday 16 October 2011

Change

Today I was thinking about change and I know to some this may seem obvious but to me it was really food for thought and so I thought I would try to pass it on.

Everyone at times throughout their life will call themselves or something that has happened in their life into question but the way people respond to this differs. For some it may be that they let it go and carry on without a second thought. For others it may be that they what they are questioning, they wish to change and so they try to put that plan into action.

Recently I've been going through a personal journey, which I'm finding myself wishing to change an aspect or two of my identity and one of the major obstacles I find facing me time and time again is that when I am in old surroundings I struggle to maintain the 'new' me.

This can be because I find it hard to break routine, because I'm nervous of how other people might react to the change and because it throws me out of my comfort zone. But sometimes in life these tests are good and what you need to prove to yourself that you can be a better version of yourself. Recently I heard about the four R's that will help anyone wanting to change something in their life.

Recognise. Reject. Renew. Retrain.

And the last one, retrain, really is the hardest of them all. There is no easy way to get rid of the old but when you do manage to pull it off, it really does make the struggle worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment