Tuesday 25 October 2011

Wounded her spirit forever

Today, I'm going through and updating all the stories of individual journey's of forgiveness at my internship and I came across a story where a man had not done any physical damage to a girl but he knew that he had emotionally scared her and 'wounded her spirit forever'.

That is probably one of the most deepest sentiments I have ever come across.

What so many people do not realise and which he so poignantly points out is that our actions can be so damaging to those around us, without us even realising. I know there altruism and a pain free life isn't possible but I think that we should all really do our upmost to be aware of actions. If we realise that we have done something that may have potentially harmed someone, we should address it. All it takes to overcome a wound is recognition of it and effort to make reparation for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment